Here are some tips for maintaining your vacuum cleaner in commercial or residential carpet.
Owning carpets would almost certainly mean you own a vacuum cleaner as well. Although there are a vast number of vacuum types, vacuum attachments, and vacuum specifications, vacuums serve one great purpose. Vacuums no matter what size or shape are made to clean. Because vacuums are made to clean, you would normally want to clean it clean as well. And there are a lot of ways to ensure its cleanliness.
Follow these simple tips on how to keep your vacuums clean and working for a lifetime.
1. Checking your Brush Roll. This is where various particles enter. Because of this, you would want to keep the brush roll clean and free from blockage. Take out lint, hair, pet fur, tissue, wrappers, and paper ‚Äì anything that might have gotten stuck. Keeping your brush rolls clean will help in the smooth operation of your vacuum.
2. Oiling your Brush Roll. There will come a time when you will notice that your brush does not roll as smoothly as before. This might mean that its bolts could be a little rusty and may need a little oil for rejuvenation. To reach the bolts you need to detach the brush from the vacuum. You can check the manual for the correct way to do this. Otherwise, you may look online or call the manufacturer.
3. Keeping your Vacuum Hose Clean. You might want to look at your vacuum hose before starting to vacuum. Try feeling it for any obvious clogs. This will ensure the optimum results of your machine. If the machine’s power seems weak, check for clogs and obstructions.
4. Cleaning Vacuum Bags. This is where dirt and various particles are stored. You need to replace this bag or at least empty it before starting to vacuum. The vacuum’s manual will also explain how this is done. Just remember to empty or replace the vacuum bag while it is only 1/2 full. If you decide to empty it out, you can still use the bag for about 3-4 times, use your own discretion.
5. The Vacuum Belt. Vacuum belts just like any rubber material are subject to usual wear and tear. For worn out belts, bets with spots, cracks, and tears – replace immediately. Sometimes belts become lose causing the machine to stop and make funny noises, just refit the belt back to your machine. The belt is an important part of the vacuum’s engine movement and needs to be checked regularly.
6. Cleaning Vacuum Filters. Similar to your vacuum’s hose and brush roll, filters need to be cleaned and checked regularly to avoid clogs and obstruction. The effectiveness of your machine will also rely on this simple task of cleaning your filters regularly.
Keeping your vacuum and its parts clean will allow it to do its job properly. Checking your vacuum regularly, cleaning it and proper usage will ensure its longer usage life and effective cleaning power.